2016 is wrapping up and it’s time to start looking forward to next year. If you purchased a dental benefits plan on the MNsure.org or Healthcare.gov state exchange anytime in 2016, your plans will reset on January 1. Here’s what you should know:
- All benefits, regardless of when purchased, will reset on January 1, 2017.
- Some plans offered in 2016 were canceled for 2017. If you had one of these plans, you should have received a letter in October notifying you of your new plan
- If you took no action, your plan will auto-renew. If your plan is no longer offered in 2017 and you took no action, your plan will automatically be rolled over to a different one.
- Any changes made to a plan between December 16 and Jan. 15 will be effective Feb. 1.
- Any changes made to a plan from Jan. 16 through February will be effective March 1.
- If you are new to the exchange, you will receive a request for payment before you receive your enrollment materials.
Have questions about your dental plan? Call customer service at 800-553-9536. Didn’t get the dental plan you were expecting? Contact the experts at MNsure or Heaclthcare.gov.