Here is your guide to a spook-tacular and smile-healthy Halloween party!
Every good Halloween party has the essentials:
Five oral health inspired Halloween costumes:
- Toothbrush (make it a couple costume— Add toothpaste!)
- Tooth Fairy
These costumes will keep oral health at the top of mind this Halloween. They are great DIY options as well. Find out how here.
Party snacks that promote good oral health:
- Monster Mouths— Apples, almonds and chocolate, oh my! This healthy snack is as fun to create as it is to eat. Get the recipe here
- Pumpkin Hummus— Give your guests pumpkin to talk about with this great fall twist on a party classic! Get the recipe here
- Fruit Kabobs— Sink your fangs into your favorite fruit to get your sugar fix. Get the recipe here
- "Caramel" Yogurt Dip— Fall in love with this delicious caramel substitute that goes perfectly with crisp apples. Get the recipe here
Games for all your ghoul-friends
Pin the teeth on the vampire— Dust off this party classic and give it a fun Halloween twist!
Hanging Apples— 🍎 + 🦷 = 😁— Tie a string to the stem of an apple. Hang from a clothesline with the apples spaced apart. Start the timer and see who can finish their apple first!
Healthy Smile Bingo— Create bingo cards that remind players of the importance of a healthy smile. Use toothbrushes with fun characters as a prize.
Craving candy? Choose carefully.
Better options for your teeth:
- Dark or milk chocolate
- Sugar-free gum
General tip: Candy that dissolves or melts easily is less harmful to your teeth. Hard or chewy candy can stick to the surface of your teeth. Sour candy is coated in acid, which increases the risk of tooth decay.
When all of your Halloween fun is done, be sure to keep your fangs healthy! Always brush your teeth twice a day with fluouridated toothpaste and floss once a day.
Click here for some trick-or-treating tips that will help keep oral health on track.