While you’re tallying up your thanks this Thursday, be sure to remember your teeth! Here are the top five reasons to thank your teeth this Thanksgiving:
- Your teeth work hard all day to chew, tear, and grind your food so that your stomach can digest it and transfer it to energy to be used by your body. That’s amazing!
- Your teeth help you to form sounds that make words so that you can speak.
- Your teeth are one of the most noticeable parts of your smile. The simple act of smiling triggers feelings of happiness in ourselves and in those around us.
- Your teeth make you unique! No one on the planet has a set of teeth that are exactly like yours!
- Your teeth keep your jaw bones healthy. Your jaw bones stay thick and strong when they encounter pressure made by your teeth coming together. Without this pressure, your jaw bones would atrophy and shrink from lack of use.