When we think about a healthy mouth, most of us picture pearly teeth – but in fact the health of your gums is just as important! Your gums are so important that there is an entire month (September) devoted to their care.
This National Gum Care Month, take a minute to refresh on the four easiest ways to care for your gums:
- Mouthwash – Rinsing with mouthwash doesn’t just kill harmful bacteria that can stick to your gums
- and teeth, but it helps get rid of plaque that you may otherwise miss. Rinsing regularly can be a great help to your gum health!
- Fluoride – For many of us, it goes without saying that brushing twice each day is crucial to oral health. But be sure that the toothpaste you use is fluoridated. Fluoride helps reverse early decay processes, and helps build mouths that are resistant to decay.
- Cleaning – if you have gingivitis, the best way to fight it is to see the dentist for a professional cleaning, where they can remove tartar from your teeth.
- And the big one … Floss! Flossing at least once each day – at any time – is crucial to dislodging stuck food particles